Advocates Library, Edinburgh N/A
The Advocates Library was founded at the end of the seventeenth century by Sir George Mackenzie of Rosehaugh, and has enjoyed copyright privileges since the beginning of the eighteenth century. On the foundation of the National Library of Scotland in 1927, the non?legal books belonging to the Faculty of Advocates, were transferred to the newly founded library. The Apollo stamp has been used since the early years of the nineteenth century, the arms were granted to the Dean & Faculty of Advocates by Lord Lyon 6 February 1856. Both patterns of stamp exist in a number of sizes.