Armourers and Brasiers Company N/A
In 1322, in the reign of King Edward II, the Guild of St George of the Armourers was instituted, by ordinance of the City of London. King Henry VI presented the Armourers with their first Royal Charter in May 1453. The Company's present Charter was granted in 1708 by Queen Anne, giving the Brasiers (workers in brass and copper), who had become involved with the Company as early as the sixteenth century, equal status with the Armourers. Since the nineteenth century, the main focus of the Company has been its charitable donations.