Bamburgh Castle N/A
The groundwork of the Bamburgh Castle Library was laid by the purchase by the trustees of the will of Nathaniel Lord Crewe, Bishop of Durham, of the library of the Reverend Thomas Sharp, curate of Bamburgh. This was considerably increased in 1792, when Dr John Sharp, grandson of John Sharp, Archbishop of York, bequeathed his own library which included that of the archbishop. The stamp was sometimes also used as a bookplate. The Library was transferred to Durham University Library in 1958.