Barron, Henry Page Turner, Sir, 2nd Baronet (1824 -1900)
Sir Henry Page Turner Barron was the only son of Sir Henry Winston Barron, Member of Parliament for Waterford, who was created a baronet 12 October 1841, and Anna Leigh Guy, only daughter of Sir Gregory Page Turner 3rd Baronet of Ambrosden in Oxfordshire. Educated at Prior Park College, Bath, a career diplomat, he was appointed attaché to the legation at Berne in 1840; transferred to Turin in 1841; temporarily attached to Florence 1848 1850; transferred to Berlin in 1852; to Stuttgart and also to Brussels in 1853; appointed Secretary at the Legation in Lisbon 1858; transferred to Brussels in 1861; promoted to be Secretary at the Embassy in Constantinople 1866 where he was Acting Chargé d'Affaires from July till October 1867, and from November 1869 till May 1870; Secretary of Legation at Brussels 1871 and served as Minister Resident to the King of Wurtemberg 1883. He succeeded his father as 2nd Baronet in 1872, and was made a Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George 20 July 1882. He never married and at his death the baronetcy became extinct.