Buckley, Edmund (1780 -1867)
Edmund Buckley, of Ardwick in Lancashire, Grotton Hall, Saddleworth, in Yorkshire and Dinas Mawddwy in Merionethshire ,was the son of John Buckley Esquire, Of Staybridge, and Mary, daughter of James Lees of Lane in Saddleworth. An iron master, and a proprietor of Coal Works at Manchester, and a director of canal and railway companies there, he was elected Member of Parliament for Newcastle under Lyne 1841 1847, and was a Justice of the Peace for Lancashire and the City of Manchester. On his death in 1867, his estates passed to his sister's eldest son Edmund Peck, who had taken the name and arms of Buckley in 1864. He was created a baronet 11 December 1868. The baronetcy became extinct 20 January 1919, on the death of the 2nd Baronet.