Burton-Peters, Henry (1792 -1875)
Henry Burton-Peters was the son of Henry Peters of Betchworth Castle, Dorking and Miss C. Morrison. Educated at Harrow and Trinity College Cambridge, where he was admitted a pensioner 18 January 1809 and took his B.A. in 1813, and his M.A. in 1817, he was admitted to Lincoln's Inn 7 May 1816. He married, firstly 25 January 1814 Caroline Mary Susannah eldest daughter of John Campbell, Master in Chancery; and secondly in 1819, Sarah daughter of General Christie Burton. He assumed the additional name and arms of Burton in 1822, when he inherited Hotham Hall from his father-in-law. From 1830 to 1837 he was Member of Parliament for Beverley, and a Justice of the Peace and a Deputy Lieutenant for Surrey. In 1875 he married his third wife, Mary Cartwright. Henry Burton Peters died at Bath in 1875.