Clayton, William, Sir, 4th Baronet (1762 -1834)
William Clayton, 4th Baronet, of Marden in Surrey, and Marlow and Harleyford in Buckinghamshire, and Alty Cadris in Carmarthenshire, was the only son of William Clayton M.P., of Harleyford in Buckinghamshire, second son of Sir William, 1st Baronet, and his second wife Caroline Mary, elder daughter and coheir of Rice Lloyd, of Alty Cadris and Gwaleod y maes in Carmarthenshire. He matriculated at Queen's College, Oxford 30 March 1780, and was created M.A. 23 June 1784. He married, 16 July 1785. Mary, only daughter of Sir William East Bart of Hall Place, in Berkshire, and succeeded his cousin Sir Robert Clayton 3rd Baronet in 1799.