Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire in the County of York N/A

The Company was incorporated in 1624 by an Act of Parliament. Its principal mission is to maintain the standards and quality of Sheffield manufactured cutlery and steel products.
The Company has been expanded to include other trades by later acts, most notably steelmakers in 1860. Based at Cutlers' Hall in Sheffield (opposite the cathedral on Church Street) since 1638, the current hall is the third to have been built on the site. The second was built in 1725 and the third in 1832 (extended in 1867 and 1888).
Hallam (or Hallamshire) is the historical name for an area of South Yorkshire, England, in the current city of Sheffield. The Company of Cutlers should not be confused with the Worshipful Company of Cutlers in London.

Stamp(s) Stamp Information
Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire in the County of York (Stamp 1) Motto: Pour y parvenir a bonne foy
Crest: An elephant’s head couped
Arms: Three pairs of swords in saltire
Heraldic Charges: elephant's head, Heraldic Charges: swords (6)