Coventry, George, 6th Earl of Coventry (1722 -1809)
George William Coventry, 7th Earl of Coventry, was the eldest son of George William, 6th Earl of Coventry, and Mary, eldest daughter of John Gunning, of Castle Coote, County Roscommon. He matriculated at Christ Church, Oxford, 5 January 1776, took an Ensign's commission in the 64th of Foot in the same year, and was a Lieutenant in the 17th Light Dragoons in 1777. He married, firstly, 18 March 1777, Catherine, fourth daughter of Robert Henley, 1st Earl of Northington, and secondly, 10 January 1783, Peggy, second daughter and coheir of Sir Abraham Pitches, of Streatham in Surrey, Brandy merchant. The Earl was Recorder of Worcester and High Steward of Tewkesbury. The library of the Countess of Coventry from Croome Court, Worcester was sold at Sotheby's 25 October 1948.