Euing, William (1788 -1874)
William Euing was educated at Glasgow Grammar School and Glasgow University, and became an underwriter and insurance broker at Glasgow in 1819. In 1866 he founded a music lectureship at Anderson's College, Glasgow, now the University of Strathclyde. He bequeathed his music library to Anderson's College, and the remainder to Glasgow University, including over 3,000 Bibles. £1.000 was left to Anderson's College to maintain the music library, and the remainder of his fortune to Glasgow University. The music library is now also in Glasgow University Library. His collection of autograph letters and literary documents was sold at Sotheby, Wilkinson & Hodge in London 17 June 1875.