Francklin, John (1666 -1710)
The Rev. John Francklin junior, of Mileham, was the eldest son of the Rev. John Francklin senior, Rector of Godwick and of Tittleshall in Norfolk, and his first wife, Jane, daughter of John Lang of Ipswich. He was educated at Scarning, Norwich and Lynn and at Caius College, Cambridge, where he was admitted as a Pensioner 15 April 1682, and was a Scholar from 1682 1689, taking his B.A. in 1686, and his M.A. in 1692. He was ordained deacon in 1693, and priest the following year. Curate of Lynn 1691, Rector of Sculthorpe 1700 1703, of Stanfield 1703 1705 of Brisley 1703 1705 and of Grassenhall in 1704, and appointed Lecturer of Wisbech and Rector of Testerton in 1709. He married, 29 August 1695, Sarah, daughter of John Neale of Wisbech. His son married the heiress of Vesey Hall, Great Barford, and his great grandson that of Gonalston in Nottinghamshire.