Grant, William (1805 -1868)
William Grant, of Lichborough Hall in Northamptonshire, was the only son of Edward Grant (1781 1812), of Lichborough Hall, and Jane, eldest daughter and coheir of Robert Marriott, of Badby, in Leicestershire. He was educated at Rugby School and Brasenose College, Oxford, where he matriculated 21 May 1823, and took his B.A. in 1827, and his M.A. in 1830. In 1831, he became a barrister of the Inner Temple. He married, 31 March 1842, Frances Simpson, daughter of Richard Pack Esq. of Floore House, Northampton. They had five sons, of whom the eldest, Arthur William succeeded his father, but died unmarried 19 December 1878, and was succeeded by the second brother, Edward, who had three daughters. The youngest brother, William Dryden, succeeded his cousin Elizabeth Ives of Bradden House in Northamptonshire, and took the additional name and arms of Ives, and was succeeded by the fourth brother, John Charles, who also took the name and arms of Ives.