Hall, Henry N/A
Henry Hall, who flourished about the second quarter of the seventeenth century, belonged to the family of Hall of Highmeadow in Gloucestershire. The family arms are Argent a chevron between three talbots heads erased sable. The Reverend George William Hall, D.D., who was Master of Pembroke College, Oxford from 1809 to 1843, and seems to have been a member of this family, used the same arms with a talbot's head as in the arms as crest. The library came into the possession of Thomas Gage 1st Viscount Gage through his marriage, in 1717, to Benedicta Maria Theresa, only daughter and heir of Henry Benedict Hall, of Highmeadow. Henry Hall seems to have been connected with Cambrai, and as all his books are theological, he may have belonged to one of the religious houses there.