Harford, Charles Joseph (1764 -1830)
Charles Joseph Harford, of Stapleton Grove near Bristol in Gloucestershire, was the only son of Joseph Harford, of the same place, and Hannah, daughter of Joseph Kill. He was educated at Emmanuel College, Cambridge, where he was admitted as a Pensioner, 25 June 1782, matriculated Michaelmas 1785, and took his B.A. 1786, and M.A. 1789. He was admitted to Lincoln's Inn 15 March 1781. A Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries and a Justice of the Peace, he married, 16 June 1795, Mary, daughter of Nathaniel Coffin and widow of J. Marchant. He was descended from John Harford of Bosbury and his wife Anne, daughter of Richard Scrope of Castlecombe, hence the canton of the arms of Scrope. A portion of the library of the Reverend Frederick R. Kill Harford was sold by Sotheby Wilkinson & Hodge in a general sale 24 April 1899 and a further portion on 20 July 1899.