Henryson, Thomas, Sir, Lord Chesters -1638)
Sir Thomas Henryson was the son of Edward Henryson, a Lord of Session, and Helen Swinton. Before 1606 he had become one of the Commissioners for Edinburgh to the Scottish Parliament. In that year, he was Advocate Depute in certain processes of forfeiture before Parliament. In 1622, he was made an ordinary Lord of Session with the title of Lord Chesters and was knighted. A commissioner for revising the laws and collecting local customs in 1633, he resigned from the bench in 1637 owing to infirmity but retained the title and privileges. The monument he erected to his father and mother and other relatives in Greyfriars Churchyard, Edinburgh, 26 September 1636, has his arms as in stamp 1. In his will, which was proved 26 February 1642, he left some of his books to the University of St Andrews.