Hunt, Vere, Sir, 1st Baronet -1818)
Vere Hunt, of Curragh in County Limerick, was the eldest son of Vere Hunt of Curragh and his second wife, Anne, daughter of Edmond Browne. He was a barrister of Dublin, Trinity Term 1770. In 1784 he was Sheriff of County Limerick. He married, 5 March 1784, Eleanor, only daughter of Cecil Pery, 1st Baron Glentworth, and son of the 1st Earl of Limerick. He was created a baronet 8 December 1784. He was Member of Parliament for Askeaton in the Parliament of Ireland 1798 1800. In 1805 he purchased Lundy Island, which he peopled from County Limerick, and raised and commanded three regiments of infantry including the County of Limerick Fencibles. His son and successor assumed, by Royal Licence, the name of De Vere instead of Hunt in 1832. The baronetcy has been extinct since 1904.