Keble College Oxford N/A
Keble College was founded as a memorial to John Keble (1792 1866), who finding the spirituality of the Church of England in a perilous state, counselled a return to what he believed to be best in medievalism. A meeting was held at Lambeth Palace on 12 May 1866, a charter was granted in 1870, and the Library and Hall building were opened in April 1878. The architecture of the Chapel which contains Holman Hunt's Light of the World, and the monastic form of the buildings testify that the college was intended to provide the poorer members of the Church of England with higher education on ecclesiastical lines. The arms are those of John Keble, and the stamp was used for College prizes.