Lichfield, See of N/A
The See of Lichfield was founded with the building of the Cathedral Church, dedicated to the Virgin Mary and St Chad, by Osway, King of Northubria, about 656. The see was moved to Coventry in 1088, but was later returned to Lichfield, as the See of Lichfield and Coventry. When the Priory of Lichfield was dissolved at the Reformation, the Prior and his Chapter became the Dean and Chapter of Lichfield. The see contains the counties of Stafford, Derby, and parts of Warwickshire and Shropshire.