Magdalen College, Oxford N/A

The Hall of St Mary Magdalen was founded in 1448 by William Patten or Barbour of Waynflete Bishop of Winchester. When he became Lord Chancellor in September 1457, he transferred the Hall to a larger site and called it the College of St Mary. The foundation stone was laid 5 May 1474 during the reign of Edward IV.

Stamp(s) Stamp Information
Arms: Lozengy [sable] and ermine on a chief three lilies
Heraldic Charges: chief, on a, Heraldic Charges: lilies (3), Heraldic Charges: lozengy