Parry, William (1687 -1756)
William Parry was the son of Devereux Parry “plebeius” of Hereford. He was educated at Jesus College, Oxford, where he matriculated 19 February 1706, age eighteen, receiving his B.A. 1709, M.A. 1712, B.D. 1719, and was elected as Fellow of his College 1712, He became Rector of Tellisford in Somerset 27 September 1712-1715, and Vicar of Shipston on Stour in Worcestershire in 1739. Celebrated for his calligraphy, he imitated the italic printed type with skill. Some of his manuscripts are in the Bodleian Library in Oxford. He was actively engaged on a work on numismatics Index nummorum; or a collection of the names and values of all sorts of coins, antient and modern arranged in alphabetical order.