Peterhouse Cambridge N/A
Peterhouse was founded in 1280 by Hugh de Balsham, Bishop of Ely, who introduced students into the Hospital of St John the Evangelist, an Augustinian Institution founded in 1135. The arms of the College are those of the founder within a bordure of the See of Ely, and in this form were granted by Robert Cooke, Clarenceux King of Arms in 1575. The cross keys of St Peter are used as an alternative coat by the College. The Master of the College from 1635 to 1644 was John Cosin, Bishop of Durham.