Platt, William -1637)
William Platt was the fourth son of Sir Hugh Platt, and his second wife, Judith, daughter of William Albany, merchant taylor of London. He was educated at St John’s College, Cambridge, where he matriculated at Michaelmas 1609. He was admitted to Lincoln’s Inn 19 May 1612 and called to the Bar in 1619. He married Mary daughter of Sir John Hungerford of Down Ampney in Gloucestershire. He died in 1637, and was buried on 11 November at Hornsey in Middlesex. He was a liberal benefactor of St John's College, Cambridge. The arms were granted by William Camden, Clarenceaux King of Arms to Sir Hugh’s father, Richard Platt of London and Kentish Town, Middlesex, brewer.