Rowland, William Gorsuch (1770 -1851)
William Gorsuch Rowland was the son of John Rowland of Shrewsbury. He entered Christ Church Oxford in 1786, receiving his B.A. in 1790, and his M.A. in 1793. He was curate, first at Lichfield, and in Shrewsbury at the Church, of the Holy Cross and St. Giles 1793-1823. From 1828 until his death in 1851 he was minister at St. Mary’s, Shrewsbury. He was a collector of medieval stained glass which is housed at St. Mary’s.