Spencer, Francis Almeric, 1st Baron Churchill (1779 -1845)
Lord Francis Almeric Spencer, of Wychwood Park, Oxfordshire, and West Lavington House, Wiltshire, was the third and youngest, but second surviving, son of George Spencer, 4th Duke of Marlborough, and Caroline, only daughter of John Russell, 4th Duke of Bedford. Educated at Christ Church, Oxford, where he matriculated 29 February 1797, he married, 25 November 1800, Frances Elizabeth, third daughter of Augustus Henry Fitzroy, 3rd Duke of Grafton. Elected Member of Parliament for Oxfordshire in 1801, he sat for the constituency until 1815, was a Member of the Board of Control 13 November 1809 until July 1810, and was created Baron Churchill of Wychwood 11 August 1815. He was Captain in the Oxfordshire Volunteer Cavalry in 1803; Lt Col. commandant of the West Oxfordshire Militia in 1809, Colonel in 1812, and Major commandant of the 1st Oxfordshire Yeoman Cavalry in 1817, and Lt Col. from 1818 till his death.