Stanley, Henry N/A
Henry Stanley of Cursitor's Alley, Middlesex, Doctor of Physic, was the third son of Henry Stanley of Chichester in Sussex, who was the second son of William Stanley of Alton in Hampshire, descended from the family of Stanley of Wellingborough in Northamptonshire. His pedigree is in the Visitation of Middlesex 1663 1664. The arms were first granted to Sir John Stanley, of Honford cum Basden in Cheshire, illegitimate son of James Stanley, Bishop of Ely (ca. 1465 1515). The library of Henry Stanley was sold by auction at Dick's Coffee House, Covent Garden on the 12th of February 1723.