Trinity Hall Cambridge N/A
Trinity Hall was founded in 1350 by William Bateman, Bishop of Norwich, especially for the study of canon and civil law; the connection between the college and the study of law still continues. The founder’s arms were Sable a crescent ermine within a bordure engrailed argent. In 1575 the present arms were granted to the college by Robert Cooke, Clarenceaux King of Arms. The college was also granted a crest A lion sejant gules holding a book. The founders arms which had been used by the college before Cooke’s grant, appear on a bookplate cut for the college by one Jackson in 1700.