Tyrel-Kenyon, Lloyd, 5th Baron Kenyon, of Gredington (1917 -1993)
Lloyd Tyrell Kenyon, 5th Baron Kenyon, was the son of Lloyd, 4th Baron Kenyon, and Gwladys Julia, only daughter of Colonel Henry Lloyd Howard. He succeeded to the title in 1927. He was educated at Eton and Magdalen College, Cambridge. He was a Captain in the Royal Artillery (Territorial Army), from which he retired in 1943, a County Councillor for Flintshire 1946 1955 and Chairman of the County Council in 1954. His many other appointments include Deputy Lieutenant and a Justice of the Peace, Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries, Member of the Royal Commission on Historical Manuscripts, Member of the Standing Commission on Museums and Galleries 1953 1960, and Chairman of the Friends of the National Libraries 1966. He married, 3 June 1946, Leila Mary Cookson, widow of Lieut. Hugh William Jardine Ethelston Peel. With her he had one daughter and three sons.