Withington, Peter -1875)
Lieutenant Colonel Withington of the 7th Dragoon Guards was born between 1832 and 1836, the second son of Thomas Ellames Withington (d.1840), of Culcheth Hall in Lancashire, and Ann, daughter of Edward Griffin of Liverpool. He married, 19 June 1860, Catherine Mary, youngest daughter of Godfrey Wentworth of Wooley Park, Wakefield, in the West Riding of Yorkshire, and they had one son and two daughters. His widow resumed her maiden name on succeeding to the estate of Wooley Park, 25 June 1901, on the death of her elder sister Ann Wentworth. Mrs Catherine Wentworth died 13 July 1915, and was succeeded by her son Guy Edward, who took the name Wentworth instead of Withington by deed poll in 1915.