Worcester College Oxford N/A
Worcester College stands on the site of Gloucester College, the Oxford home of the Benedictines from 1283 until the Reformation. After the Reformation the buildings were first used as a Bishop's Palace for the first Bishop of Oxford. At his death, Sir Thomas White bought them as a hall of residence for his new foundation, St John's College, when they were known as Gloucester Hall, or St John the Baptist Hall. In 1714, Sir Thomas Cookes, 2nd Baronet, bought Gloucester Hall and converted it into Worcester College. The college uses the arms and crest of the founder.