Lambeth Palace Library N/A

Lambeth Palace Library is the official library of the Archbishop of Canterbury, and the principal repository of records of the Church of England. Situated in Lambeth Palace in London, it was founded as a public library by Archbishop Richard Bancroft in 1610. Today it contains over 200,000 books, including 30,000 printed before 1700. It also houses the archives of the Archbishops of Canterbury, and other church bodies dating back to the 12th century. Its collections contain over 4,600 manuscripts and a large quantitiy of archives, some of which go back as far as the 9th century.
In 1996 the Library took possession of the early part of the collections of Sion College Library, the historic library of the City of London clergy, consisting of some 35,000 items.

Stamp(s) Stamp Information
Lambeth Palace Library (Stamp 1) Heraldic Charges: pall, Heraldic Charges: staff, archiepiscopal